Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vividly Blind

There are times when lightning stikes and a great idea is born.

Vividly Blind was not one of those times.

Having a love for writing I always found myself scribbling my thoughts, creating scenarios and developing plots for various tales of ficton. I found various outlets to release my creativity, one such manifestation being this blog.

Yet, I always felt I should be doing more with my writing. It is nice to be able to prattle on about the daily activities in my life, but I must admit the entries that mean the most to me are the ones that allow me to branch out into areas that are a little less self-absorbed.

Couple my longing to do more with my writing and the simmering desire to write more and Vividly Blind was born.

Vividly Blind is a new blog I created that features articles focused on tough issues going on in the world. Its a voice for those who have no voice and a light into the darkest corners of humanity. I will attempt to bring up all that we would at times prefer to keep hidden.

The reason behind the name Vividly Blind is that the topics I'll focus on are so obviously around us that they are vivid and clear to see. Yet, we chose to turn a blind eye due to fear, ignorance, or just plain self-involvement.

My hope is that anyone who comes to this blog will leave with a small grain of understanding of issues that are normally ignored, or at the very least a slight desire to refuse to stay blind to the plight of those around us.

Visit Vividly Blind at VividlyBlind.Blogspot.com

~~

No comments: