Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Goodbye


Cemetary
Originally uploaded by JoeCollver
My original plan was to take a brief hiatus from the blogging world. There's just so much going on in my life that I felt that the need to take some time to keep my thoughts to myself. However, after hearing some sad news not too long ago, I felt compelled to write.

The sad news was that a family friend had passed away. It was expected that his time with us would be ending soon, but it really has me thinking.

Some of us will never be so blessed; to live a long life and leave this world succombing to old age. We never know when our time is up here.

As I thought of this I also realized that people can leave us for different reasons. Although, death may be the biggest goodbye, there are other situations that may result in a person no longer being a part of our lives. I have had to say my share of goodbyes, and I've learned that saying them often does not make saying them any easier.

What it really boils down to is to cherish every moment you have to spend with those who mean the most to you. Whether its something big like family reunions or something small like watching Charlie and The Chocolate Factory or going to Del Taco. You never know if that moment will be your last with that person. You never know when the situation will change. You never know when you have to say goodbye.

~~

No comments: