Monday, October 27, 2008

Aquarium of The Pacific


Blue Whale
Originally uploaded by disneymike
I have a confession.

I had lived in Long Beach for over 4 years and I had never visited the Aquarium of the Pacific....

For years, people would say things like "...you know like at the Aquarium of the Pacific?" and I would say yes and go along with it all like I had been there before. There were a few people who knew that I had never been but to others I maintained this facade of the typical Long Beach resident who has seen all that LBC has to offer and blah blah blah blah.

But I had never gone.

Until yesterday.

First, it was exciting because it was a complete surprise. I had no idea that we would be going to the Aquarium. Once I got over the surprise I was able enjoy looking at the seafood...um...I mean sea creatures. Although, I have to admit that many of them looked quite tasty. LoL

There was a section where you were allowed to touch the sting rays and the sharks. At first I was too chicken to touch anything. I mean, seriously, these are the same creatures that killed Steve Irwin (the crocodile hunter) and that guy was tough. After being egged on I finally agreed to touch the big black sting ray. It felt weird, because the ray was slimy but rough at the same time.

All in all it was a fun time. Now I can honestly say I have been to the Aquarium of the Pacific.

~~

Thanks Dude!!

No comments: