Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sign of the Times


January 28, 2009
Originally uploaded by mrbosslady
It's been a very hard last couple of days.

Another round of layoffs at my company, and another round of goodbyes. Meetings were held with those who sit at the top of our company (CEO, COO, CFO) and explanations given, but the mood is still pretty somber.

Morale is down internally and with our clients (franchisees) I am having a very hard time trying to maintain a cheerful disposition when there is so much that needs to be done with such a small staff. There is also the unknowning feeling bestowed upon us by our CEO, who informed us that 7 additional positions will be cut. The announcement of who will be cut and when has yet to be made.

I have been so stressed that it took me 2 days before I could bring myself to write about all that has occurred. Yes, the layoffs happened on Tuesday.

When I finally decided that I would write an entry, I looked to flickr for inspiration. It was here that I found this picture of my friend and former co-worker. Seeing this picture made me realize that not only is she very right but that I really needed to pick myself up.

Things will be ok, I just have to trust and have faith. This is all part of God's plan and just because I do not understand it or like it, does not mean that He's not there, moving everything into place, according to His perfect will.

Possible opportunities have already been presented before me. It's all just a matter of me taking that great leap of faith. So I will be re-working my resume to ensure that "WRITER" appears and I will be putting together a portfolio of writing samples.

...and Megan, I think we talked about this before. So just know when I ask you how you're doing. I'm asking how you're day went, your movie etc. etc. I know you'll be ok =)

~~

1 comment:

Megan said...

((((HUGS)))

Thank you dear, I know you and everyone else is asking because they care about me and that is worth soo much more than any job.

I know it sucks around work right now, but it will all get better.