Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My MySpace Before Your Work

Yesterday, I came up to an employee in another department and asked her to help a client with a specific program that I am not familiar with. I thought she would be a good person to ask because her department is trained in this program and when I came up to her, I didn't feel so bad interupting her MySpace cruising.

However, when I asked her to help the client she told me she would have to take care of the issue later because she was in the middle of her deadlines.

Excuse me, I didn't realize there were MySpace deadlines.

In this field of work theres plenty of deadtime. It is in this instance that it's nice to be able to search the web. Yet, in these cases it's important to remember that work should come first. Although, it may not be the most interesting thing in the world, we're all here to do a particular job. During these times where unemployment is sky high and companies hiring is at an all time low, I'm very grateful to have a postion that provides a source of income that allows me to live. That thought is a great motivator when trying to prioritize between work and web surfing.

I just hope that Tom does not delete my account because I did not meet all my MySpace deadlines.

No comments: