Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Rare Moment

I am having a very rare moment. As I sit her chatting with Kat, listening to my iPod on shuffle, and surfing the net as I lie in bed....I am suddenly overcome by an inexplicable sense of peace and calm. None of the stress and worries that have been plaguing me are on my mind. It's as if right now, at this moment, everything is right.

I know for a fact that this moment is a gift from God and before beginning this entry (and pausing every now and then throughout) I stopped to pray and thank Him for this unexpected peace.

Don't get me wrong. I have heard so many instances of bad news today. Life is not perfect for me at any stretch, but at this moment I am not focused on any of that. At this moment I feel like I'm staring into a clear lake, surrounded by the stillness and the calm.

I feel so blessed by this moment and plan on reveling in it for as long as possible. Tomorrow's another day.

~~

1 comment:

Megan said...

Sorry your calm moment was interrupted today.