Monday, December 8, 2008

Here We Go Again

Another round of uncertainty and doubt as the director spearheads another round of layoffs.

We're called into a meeting to "discuss some things that are going on in the department." However, some of these things are already very evident as we see another co-worker pack up his box. Really?? They couldn't wait and do this after the holidays? I mean 2 more weeks was too long to wait.

Then there’s the other office that’s being completely shut down. I cannot even begin to imagine what all of those people are going through as they discover that they will all be without work.

HR tried to assuage our fears that we will be the next to go. However, we've heard this all before. We've actually heard this on 4 separate occasions and after each time there was another round of layoffs.

I've been told to be grateful that I still have a job, and I am grateful. Yet, I can't help but sympathize for the other artists.

~~

No comments: