Thursday, December 18, 2008

Feels Like Christmas


Oh Christmas Tree
Originally uploaded by mang maning
Christmas in southern California can be completely unpredictable. Some years it is windy but overall decent weather, then there are some years where the sun is shining and it feels like beach weather. However, this year is slightly different.

This week has seen an alternating pattern between rain and no rain. Yesterday, was one of the worse days as cold rain poured and strong winds made the temperature feel lower than the readings on the thermometer. Since I have been putting off my Christmas shopping, I spent yesterday out an about in the rain. There were a couple of things that I was able to cross of my list. However, I still have a little ways to go.

Although I still find it hard to believe that Christmas is actually less than a week away, I have to admit the cold does make the season more Christmas like. I just wish I had gotten more into the holiday spirit. Its just with so much going on in my life, I feel like it all gets in the way of the joy and love I always cherished during this holiday.

I still have a week. Here's hoping it gets better.

~~

No comments: