Wednesday, August 20, 2008

When I Grow Up (Otherwise Known As Soon to Be 25)


Baby Blocks
Originally uploaded by icklemissus
In my past reflections on my age I usually come to the same conclusion: I really don't feel as old as I am.

However, as I was working today, something hit me hard...metaphorically speaking.

I am grown up.

To some this may seem so obvious that it has no chance of qualifying as an epifany. However, for me it does. I guess thats because its not that I am grown up but I feel grown up.

When did this happen? When did my decisions begin to revolve around economic activity and a work schedule? When did 8 hours of my day every day begin to resemeble scenarios out of that movie Temps? I thought of this as I sat here proofing ads and processing art requests. This is me really as a grown up and if I don't believe it all I have to do is look at my passport (because I still have to wait on my license) and look at my birthdate.

25 in 5 days. I just didn't see this coming. One day I was worried about what the other kids on the playground were saying to me and the next thing I know I'm here planning a long needed vacation (Yes!!!!) Ok, so the vacation is not such a bad thing....

Now I'm thinking about future homes, retirement and the like. It all happened so fast.

Just like some other things that have recently happened in my life.

....but that's a completely different entry =)

~~

2 comments:

Megan said...

We have lives Phoebe!!!! I still can't believe it! Though mine has an entirely different twist than yours...

God is good.

Phoebe Jane said...

But we both have what we were waiting for a month ago!! Can you believe that? You were waiting to get started on END and I was waiting for...

Next step? To both have new jobs!


...all the time. And all the time, God is good.