Saturday, July 12, 2008

Your iPhone is Crowding My Network

It started Thursday evening, but I blamed it on the encircling helicopter scrambling the signal. Then on Friday at work it was very obvious. I could not get on the internet from my phone.

Now my phone is still pretty new. Not even a month ago I upgraded to the Blackjack II. I was actually very diehard about getting the iPhone, but after some investigating (and my penchant for going against trends) I decided against it. I mean the Blackjack had 3G and I loved it and upgrade to a newer and faster model at a much lower cost was more than enough.

So I upgraded less than a month ago and now this. iPhones went on sale Friday and since then I have found that the 3G network is NOT holding up to the onslaught of new users. Places and times when I usually have great signal have become 3G "dead zones." All these people with their new phones are bugging me!! How can I catch up with MSNBC & CNN news if I can't even connect to the internet??

AT&T must have seen this coming. I am sure that a corporation that big must have people who forsee these types of scenarios and create action plans to remedy the situation should this occur. However, I am sure that such a plan (most likely consisting of network upgrades and the like ) is very costly and so AT&T is waiting for as long as possible to implement such plan.

I'm going to need them to hurry up. Maybe there will be some negative press regarding the network drag times that will encourage them to step it up.

Although I highly doubt that will hapen.

~~Posted From My Blackjack

No comments: