Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Frustrations Run High

Today I had one of those days where I literally felt like banging my head against the desk. In fact there was actually a point where I got off the phone and just started banging my head against the desk. The incompetence of some people simply staggers me at times. I mean people who have spent years in a particular position and yet, act as if its there first day.


Granted I have to admit, there are times where its not so much incompetence, or ignorance, as it is laziness. There are those who prefer to push things off on other people and then give good lip service to make it seem like they are actually working. These people usually get by on this type of responsibility pushing. However, I am so sick of doing work for other people that goes way beyond the parameters of job description. If I'm doing work for you, then you better be signing a check for me. Otherwise, we have a problem.


I am being very vague in this post, and for obvious reasons. My blog is public and may be prone to various eyes. Another reason is because names and descriptions are unnecessary. It does not matter who is treating me this way. What matters is that days like this have become a very common occurrence. I have talked to my supervisor and his thing is to just deal with it. That's how she is. Great advice, huh?


Is it no wonder that I dreamed last night that I was offered another position. What's sad is that in my dream, my co-worker Megan and I were both offered positions within our current place of employment. I really didn't like the type of work, but due to my desperation I agreed to take a trial run of the position.


I know that things can be much worse. There are so many people right now who are without work and have no means to support themselves and their families. I know that I'm very blessed in that I have a steady income and not working 2 bone crushing jobs like I use to do not so long ago. However, whenever I try to maintain a sunny disposition I end up having people trying to undermine my positive attitude.

I guess I will just have to try harder.

~~

No comments: