Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 3 of Dukan and Friday Morning Weigh-In

According to the book and the blogs of other people on this diet by day three it gets much easier.

They were right.

Day 3 for me was a definite test as it was my longest day at school. Because I have class until 10pm, the only source of sustenance after 8pm is the vending machine. At the student union I found that almost all the restaurants were closed early because of Unity Fest. Do not get me wrong, this is a great thing. I love and support Unity Fest as I spent 3 years of my life working on that event. However, for those of us who arrived on campus with very little time there was not many options for a meal. Before I get to my final decision let me start with the beginning of the day.

Breakfast: 2 Boiled eggs and some yogurt with black coffee

Lunch: 2 patties of Morning Star However, I did not eat the whole patties. I ate about half of each. I left the patties in the microwave for too long and they were so hard the plastic fork snapped in half and broke my finger. I took that as a sign that I should give up on the patties.

Snack: Slices of turkey

Evening Snack: Piece of skinless chicken

Another Snack of boiled eggs with the yolks thrown away

Dinner: Scrambled egg whites & grilled skillet steak with yogurt and oat bran or dessert.

I went to Ralphs to buy the meat and eggs for dinner and for the first time I did not feel tempted by any of the sweets or fruit or other pre-packaged foods that would have been easier than cooking but not allowed on the diet. I went straight to the meat section and headed over to Ruben's since my sister hates the smell of eggs cooking.

So I succeeded in keeping my diet for the day! Thanks to so much water.

I drank more than 2 liters of water (no joke)

This morning I did my weigh-in.

Today, I lost .4lbs. That brings my grand total to 1.7lbs in 3 days.

I hope to continue the trend. When I entered my information on the Dukan site, I found that I should reach my goal weight in August. At this rate, I really think I might make it.

No comments: