Friday, April 1, 2011

Writing Wrant

Yes, the extra W was intentional.

I'm sitting on my break reading Danielle Steel's blog (not a huge fan but I have much respect for her work) and eating chips and salsa. There's an entry that was posted on twitter regarding Ms. Steel's advice to those of us who also write. She talks about planting your butt in your seat and doing it. She also wrote of there never being a "right" time and how hard she worked to be the success that she is today.

I feel a little guilty because at this moment I should be writing and not just surfing the net and eating chips. My recent argument has been that I have been trying to de-stress as I am currently on Spring Break. However, that really is not much of an excuse. There will be plenty of time for extra de-stressing later. Right now my "de-stressing" should be me engulfed my writing. I currently have 3 projects that I had been working on and off for some time: a collection of short stories, a novel entitled Rockstar Ambition and a potential novel/novella Arc

Rockstar Ambition was probably the closest to completion, but my heart is gone from that story. I think it's because the characters were so close to me that I would like to remember them in their earlier forms. They were loosely based on people that I knew who are no longer part of my life and revisiting that novel brings an inexplicable sadness.

That being said there is no excuse for me not having completed at least the short story collection. I had such fire when I began that project and the stories were pouring out, but every day I would push myself to write something.

So here I go. Since this is the beginning of the month, a new chance to begin with the weight loss, a new chance to begin doing anything and everything. I am going to begin ensuring that I write something every day. Preferably a portion of a bigger project, however, even a blog entry will suffice as long as it consists of more than 2 paragraphs. By the end of this month I should have at least one project completed and ready to shop around.

Hoping for the Best...

~~

No comments: