Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 2 Dukan & 3rd Weigh-In

As I stated in a previous post, Day 2 was hard because of the luncheon with food that was not Dukan friendly. I did receive encouraging comments from people who noticed I did not partake in the plethora of candy that was distributed, gelato, or the lasagna. To add insult to injury, the company had their monthly cake for all birthdays in the month of April.

I went to the gym instead.

After work I realized that if I saw chicken one more time I would throw up

and so I headed to Trader Joe's and bought lean pork cutlets, more yogurt and some nonfat frozen yogurt. After eating a few spoons of the frozen yogurt I realized that it was non-dairy and as such not allowed on Dukan (unless you're a vegetarian or lactose intolerant. I don't do lactose but I can do nonfat dairy)

That was the end of the yummy frozen yogurt.

I had also purcahsed a container of 100% egg whites. So for dinner I had pork and scrambled eggs. It was yummy and what made it even better was knowing that in enjoying this meal I still stuck to my diet. Plus I was incredibly full. Whenever I wanted a snack I stuck to non-fat yogurt.

Later that night I did have an unbelievable hankering for chocholate. I put the blame fully on my boyfriend because he left all these funsize three musketeers bars out. After going back and forth for a bit, i decided to have a very small bite of the candy. I did and I enjoyed the little bit of chocolate.

Never thought a little sliver of choclate would make me so happy, but it did. And after that bit I was done.


Woke up this morning scared to do my weigh-in. all I could think about was the following:

1) The Quaker Oats I was using for the first two days was not the same as the oat bran that I was suppose to be having.

2) The frozen sorbet that was a non-no.

3) That sliver of chocolate.

I got myself together and got on the scale...

Today I lost 1 lb :)

Many happy dances follow that realization. I am determined to stick to the diet through today and this will be a test of will because I have class until 10pm tonight so we'll see how this goes.

Still happy dancing.

~~

No comments: