Thursday, June 10, 2010

TGI.....Yeah

Dinner time and I did not want any type of fast food. That really limits your choices when it's almost 10 on a Wednesday night. Originally we thought of doing Islands but we found they closed at 10 so we settled for Fridays.

Fridays has this 3 course for $20 special that we always wanted to try, but we usually got swept away by the lobster tails (obviously not included in the discounted special) but today didn't feel like a lobster day. We made our selections and just as the waiter walked away, he returned with another waitress. Apparently, Kevin (our waiter) was about to take his 30 minute break and this waitress was going to cover for him. After introductions were made, Kevin and the waitress move to the next table for another round of introductions.

That was the last time I saw that waitress.

Until she came by to apologize 30 minutes later that she had gotten confused about what tables she had to cover even though she did remember being intoduced to us. I then asked for some refills. She responded with "Kevin, is back from break but I'll go ahead and ring that up."

When Kevin came by the table I asked for our refills again and forbour dessert. Atleast the dessert was yummy.

Then came time for the check. I took the bill and drew a line through the tip. Along with a note that explained why I tipped the way I did.







~~

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: