Friday, June 25, 2010

Pin Pricks

I use to love sewing until I no longer had time to work on things like quilts. There was something calming about working on a project and watching it take shape before my eyes. However, there was a downside to sewing. That was pin pricks.

Some people used thimbles whenever they did needlework. This would keep one from accidently hitting their thumb when they were sewing. I was never one for thimbles outside of a game of Monopoly. As such, it would not be unusual for me to get a little careless and before I knew it, I would be stabbed by a needle or a pin.

A prick from a needle is really small. Usually, no blood will fall from a pin prick. But that doesn't take away from the actual pain in the moment. For the most part, the most painful thing about a pin prick is the initally shock of the unexpected. Unless, someone is not to bright and actually sets out to feel the pain of being pole by a needle, there is usually an element of surprise with regards to the little stab. Once that shock is gone the pain subsides...usually.

Those who sew on a regular basis will develop callouses that will act as biological thimbles. I never sewed enough to develop callouses and I never wanted them.

Somethings in life are like pin pricks. They're not really big deals but they hurt in the moment. Go through enough pain and you can develop callouses that will harden you to the pain. However, callouses can harden you to no only pain but keep you from enjoying love.

So, in dealing with pin pricks. Know that although the pain may be a little more than an annoyance, this will subside in a moment.



~~


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: