Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Update


Joe's Crab Shack, decor
Originally uploaded by jleighb
It was one of those weekends that I spent out and about, so I thought I would write one of those entries where I give a weekend rundown.

Friday

I had a serious migraine on Friday and I just could not go into work. The stress of things from work and things in SD was really getting to me and exacerbated my already throbbing head. First things first. I started having issues with my car some time ago. It looks like there may be something wrong with the car's computer. As such my mom and I struck a deal to exchange cars. Originally I was going to drive down to SD and act a s a mediator for some things down there, but I decided against it. So, I had to wait for my dad to bring up my mom's camry, which is now my current mode of transportation. Gone is my green Honda with the shiny rims, but I have to admit the Toyota drives alot smoother. I think I'll keep it.

Then there was dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Ahhhhhh, seafooooood.

Next came atrip down memory. Spent some time at Barnes and Noble AND Dennys with the old MCC crew. It's funny how quickly time goes by. I mean it seems like just yesterday we were all students at CSUDH balancing our time between classes and planning events for the MultiCultural Center. Now, here we are all working and going to school for various additional degrees. Still doing the whole juggling act, but with different balls so to speak. It's just good to know that spending time with each other is one task that hasn't changed.

Saturday

Lobsterfest 2008!! San Pedro, CA: A couple of us went to Lobsterfest (like PJ her daughter and one other person who shall remain nameless for the time being) In any case, I was able to print out coupons that would give us a $2 discount. Then we each got the $17 lobster. Yes, fresh lobster is a wonderful thing for those of us who love seafood. (Ahhhh...more seafood) My "mom-moment" occured when I was holding the little girl's hand and she told me she didn't want to hold my hand. I told her fine, let someone grab her...

She held my hand for the rest of the day.


After the Lobsterfest we decided to walk around some of the shops on the pier. It was interesting to say the least. There were the overpriced Asian shops and the overpriced crafts. There was this candy shop that sold chocolate covered gummy bears. See it is for this reason that I am not very happy with the numbers the scale threw at me today. Sure it sounds so fattening, and it is, but it was really good. There were all these old fashioned candies and Pez dispensers, but some of the candies looked really old. However, there was one other thing that they had at the candy shop that I thought was super cute:


Yes, that's Duff Energy Drink!


Then it was off to see Igor, which I have to admit was a very cute movie. Although, John Cusack really did not have the type of voice I would picture an igor having. The soundtrack was cute as some of my favourite songs were featured, including Bob Marley's "I Can See Clearly," which is a pun that only those who have seen the movie will understand.

Even later that night I hung out with Pam and Gebar. We did get into some nitty gritty conversation on topics ranging from economics, to the future of underdeveloped nations, to the fascination of westernization.

Sunday

Sunday means church day so I spent the morning in God's house. Afterwards, I picked up Johanna and took her out to lunch, since I did not get her a birthday present. Then I spent the evening relaxing and attempting to clean my room. Oh, and I chatted with Amanda which was great because I have not talked to her in forever!

Alas, that was my weekend. This weekend looks to be even busier than the last. Now back to the grind.

~~

No comments: