Monday, December 10, 2007

Black Leather Boots & Pink Christmas Trees

Ahhh the weekend. How I love the weekend. Yet, doesn't it always seem too short? This Saturday I had to make a mad dash for NFCU and no I didn't make it :(



Then it was off to Chicken Dijon with my sister. I love their house chicken salad. The only problem was that there was soo many people there. At first we thougth we were going to have to leave and go some place else because there was no where to sit but then these 2 tables opened up that were pushed together to form one table. As we were ordering, this couple walks in sees the tables and the lady just makes this big show of putting her bag over both of the tables. That really b0thered me. I mean could you be any ruder. So Pam and I moved the tables apart and made a big show of it. So we sat there for awhile until an even better table opened up and then we moved there.



Next was Barnes and Nobles, because... well... it was right next door to Chicken Dijon and you never need a reason to go to B&N. There was this Book Fair going on for the kids at some local school and that got me thinking about book fairs from when I was a kid. I mean seriously, wasn't book fairs like in some blocked off corridor or in the lunchroom? All that we had were the books that Scholastic brought over and those were the same books that were listed in that monthly book order flier the teachers would give out. There were no rows and rows of books from some bookstore for us to choose from. Not to mention that we didn't have ipods and cell phones but I digress.



The rest of the day was spent at various stores window shopping and looking for clothes. I did manage to get a couple of pants that would be great for work, including a pair with sailor buttons that I loved ( and that I am wearing today) YAY to me for all that walking/running because I can see its paying off :) I also got a pair of boots that I love, and as both my sister and Johanna pointed out, a great fitting pair of boots are hard to find.





Yesterday, was Sunday and as always there was church. After church Pam and I went to get a few things for the apartment. Here was something that I saw that I thought was sooooo cute:







Can you believe it??? It's Hello Kitty Barbie!


I tell you kids have it made these days!!!(I feel old)






I know... I can be soooo Asian some times.



Then off to look for some Christmas things including a tree. I have lived away from home for about 5 years and I have never had a Christmas tree at the apartments that I lived in. I have always wanted one but I never had one. This year I was determined to get a Christmas Tree. We went to Target and I found a 4 1/2 foot tree that would have been great. After all I didn't need a HUGE tree or anything like that.



The tree was $54.99>>>>>>>>>:O




I was not about to pay $55 for a fake 4 1/2ft tree. That's ridiculous.




So we went to another store and I found a very well priced Christmas tree that was 6ft tall.




However, it was very unique.








After talking about it for awhile, we decided to get the tree.











Yes, it's a pink Christmas Tree.



At first I was really hesitant about the idea of a pink Christmas tree. I mean I love pink But I wasn't sure I wanted a pink Christmas tree. Apparently there were many others who thought this was a great idea as this was the last tree left. So we got it too. And I have to admit, the more I look at it the more I like it. As I said before its unique. My ex was like : "was it for breast cancer?"


Then it was home to meet Oscar whose mom made hundreds of tamales and was super nice to send some to me. :) (Thanks Oscar's mom) While eating tamales we talked about culture and food and where to put our Barbie Christmas tree. Oscar brought some of this warm drink over that was made of Milk and pineapples. Sorry dude, I could not bring myself to try that.



Afterwards it was back to Big Lots again. This time we each bought a small heater. I went all out and spent $3 more to get a ceramic heater. We did alot of shopping!!! However, the damage to my bank account wasn't too severe. That heater was definitely worth it. According to The Weather Channel it was 46F last night in Long Beach and I woke up at 3am feeling hot!



So that was my weekend!! I'll close out this entry with a picture sent to me from Margi of her 3 1/2 week old son.





Isn't he cute????

Enjoy your Monday!! Feel free to leave comments.

~MUAH~

No comments: