Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Weaker Moment

I finally started getting the hang of things. Getting ahead of homework instead of getting some extra sleep. Responding to work requests as soon as they come into the office. Yeah, its tiring but its not as stressful when i know that nothing is hanging over my head. However, today I had a moment of weakness. Maybe had is not a good word as I'm still going through it now.

The problem is that sometimes i take a look around me and i see nothing but reminders. Memories of a life passed. Landmarks of failures. Everything i never did, opportunities passed. If only this, maybe if that.

There are no second chances. What's done is done, but sometimes I have a hard time letting go of this burden. Here are the relics of some of the biggest mistakes of my life thus far. I thought I buried them deep in my closet but here they come marching forth for all the world to see.

I went to visit the last remnants today. Those who I thought might understand where I'm coming from and give me a nugget of advice. How do I deal with this mountain? Yet, they've moved on as well. No sense in interrupting their lives with these ghosts of yesterday. I swear i see these specters lining the walkways, but they bother no one but me. They're invisible to the rest of the world.

Sometimes I feel I'm just as invisible in this world.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

osc said...

Hope things are better. I'm only a skype/tweet/FB message away.

we're all entitled to those days.