Monday, February 7, 2011

High Heels, Hand and Honda

Very little time to recover from the weekend before starting another week of clases and such. On Friday I broke a nail. this may seem so trivial and mundane but I did it (on accident of course) in one of the most painful ways possible. Tore the nail down the flesh and as such even the slight graze sends shivers of pain through me.

Friday I received a call from the police saying that my stolen Honda was found. On Staurday I met with my parents who had to come up to get the car out of impound. After paying $260 for the car and switching off the flat, it turns out that the car will not shift gears. Hours of tinkering by the boyfriend and dad found a green Honda that would occassionally go into reverse but never in drive. AAA towed the car to a mechanic who would take a look at the car today.

Today the verdict is in and apparently the thieves drove that car into the ground. They blew out the transmission and it would cost $1550 for repairs.

That really upsets me.

Someone had the nerve to steal my car, rip out my radio, take my cds, rifle through clothes, take all my shoes and sunglasses and an assortment of other items.

...now I'm left with a bill!

As if all this wasn't enough. I have been having pains in my calves and ankle excerbated by my high heels (did I mention that most of my high heels were stolen? oh, the horror!!) I have a sneaky suspcion that my cute black Fila shape-ups are the culprit for this pain.

That's all that's on my mind for now. Maybe a less trivial post later.

But I question it's triviality :)

~~

No comments: