Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rainy Days in LA

Rain is rare is Los Angeles, but I love it. Yesterday, was Day 1 of the Tamale Festival and the skies were grey. It was great to be outdoors and enjoying the music and the food. The fact that the weather was gloomy...maybe I'm just a gloomy, overly-romantic person, because I loved the weather.

The rain woke me up this morning. That and the fact that I felt like it was alot later than 7:30am. This time change is kicking my butt, but I would rather have it where I am awake early with the chance to just lie around in bed waiting for another hour to past, rather than waking up late because we moved time ahead an hour. That was me several months ago.

So now I am sitting here looking out the window at the grey skies, with the smell of fresh cooked pancakes that my sister cooked (and I will not be eating becase there will be plenty of food today) Thinking about how wonderful the sound of the rain against the window.

It's a rare and wonderful thing here.

~~

No comments: