Thursday, November 27, 2008

On My Way to Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner is usually held at my parents' house in sunny San Diego. Its a dinner with my immediate family and whoever feels like stopping by. However, this year several members of my extended family asked my mom to host a large Thanksgiving where hatchets and grudges would be buried and forgotten to allow for a peaceful family dinner. The idea of a large Thanksgiving dinner is not bad. Athough, I must admit not everyone will be there, that I had hoped would be there, but I've accepted that fact. Now there are only 2 things that are stressing me out.

The first is the unusally large amount of cars on the freeway. I mean the traffic is horrendous. The attached picture does not even begin to showcase the intensity of traffic I'm currently sitting through. The second is the fact that I'm having to come back to Long Beach tonight so that I can be at work tomorrow. Sure, they made it a just for fun Friday so that we can wear jeans, but that's the very least that they can do. With so may franchisees deadlining Monday, it doesn't even look like I will be leaving early.

In any case, this describes my Thanksgiving thus far: Sitting in traffic. I have yet to have any type of food and it is now 3:20 pm.

I did send out my Thanksgiving greetings. This year, along with all the incredible blessings tha have been bestowed upon me, I am thankful for those friends who have been there for me these past trying months. I pray God Blesses you and yours on this day and everyday!

Now if I can just have some turkey...

~Posted From My Black Jack II

No comments: