Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Signal Hill




I have truly been inspired with this new found interest in photography. While looking at the world through my camera, I have come up with new story ideas.In order to keep on top of my blog a day I decided to take some pictures from Hilltop Park in Signal Hill. The view is spectacular, but they were not the best pictures. Since this photo session I have learned so much about digital cameras/photography. It looks as if many of my landscape shots were overexposed and the digital zoom caused too much "digital noise."

Although, I committed to blogging one photo a day, today I will be blogging multiple pictures from my Signal Hill shoot.



As I walked through the park I had this idea of shooting some of the foliage. My first attempt at this was a bush with these bright pink flowers.


I wanted to test out shooting a variety of colors. This proved to be difficult as the common theme at the park was green. There were some flowers but the heat proved to be too much for many of them. As such, I was very fortunate to find this solitary red flower.


When taking pictures in the bright sunlight, I found that I have to be careful of my shadow obscuring certain subjects. This took some finagling in certain shots but I felt like it added contrast to this picture of a lone daisy.


I also found a bush with a few small buds.


This turned into my first set of floral photographs. It was fun experimenting with different subjects. I have no idea of what photos I will use for tomorrow's entry, but so far I am liking this exercise in daily photography blogging.

~~

No comments: