Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 4: Yogurtland


Once again life has caused me to lose track of my writing and I am behind in my goal to write an entry for every day. Hopefully I will be able to be caught up after tonight.

The photo I selected for this day is of frozen yogurt from a magical place called Yogurtland. Some may know of this place and its yummy goodness that can be had with an assortment of toppings. For me this is more than just a dessert shop. Yogurtland will forever hold a special place for me.

Three years ago I started dating this guy. It was a very interesting time. I had long gotten over the heartbreak of my ex and was more than ready to enter a new relationship. However, I had promised myself that I would take things slow this time. Due to his commitment to music, my work schedule, and the overwhelming drama that soon came from the mother of his son, we would usually have dates that were very late at night. After dinner from somewhere like Del Taco there really were not many choices as to where we could go to talk and get to know each other.

It was then that we discovered that Yogurtland in Long Beach does not close till midnight.

Yogurtland became our late night date spot. Even on the night before my first birthday during our coupledom, we met at Yogurtland, made our selections and headed to a park to count down the minutes till it was officially my birthday.

Three years later and we are still together. From then on Yogurtland would always remind me of the early beginnings of our relationship. Even during the times when we did not know if we would last, those discussions were held at Yogurtland.

This photo was taken with my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W370, a point and shoot. The black and white filter applied via Photo Explosion.

~~

No comments: