Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Natural Disasters

The only class I have on Wednesdays is a class covering Natural Disasters.
Why am I taking this class?

Ehh, it's complicated.

In any case, right now I am suffering from a pretty serious case of caffeine deficiency. Rushing to class directly after work, having to wrestle for parking, then hiking 50 billion miles in high heels can work up quite a thirst.

Today marks the halfway point in my first week back at school. My thoughts? I'm tired. Very tired. A small voice is wondering if I have taken on a lot more than I can handle. Full time job, school, and the other things i have to do. It's a pretty tight schedule.

One of the difficult things about returning to my Alma Mater is this feeling of almost loneliness. No, maybe not almost.

I remember my time here years ago. Friends, a job, i really knew this campus. Everything was so familiar. Now everything is pretty nostalgic. I remember when there was no student union. I remember less cars, adding as many students as a professor wants, and when the professors look younger.

Now i am one of many in a sea of faces. I find my self constantly searching for a face I know. However, deep down inside i know that engine i might have known years ago have since left and will not be returning.

I guess thats why I decided to focus more on my blogging. I don't necessarily know everyone who reads my blog, but maybe some people out there find themselves back at school after leaving so long ago. Maybe i can be of help to some of those who find themselves feeling as alienated and alone as i feel.

~~

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Small College Complex

1 comment:

Krissy M. said...

Way to go Phoebe! I visited the campus not too long ago and I completely understand your feelings.