Monday, February 2, 2009

Target Addict


01.31.09 [#031] TARGET
Originally uploaded by Jeezny
I have been a Target addict for some time. I think this started from my years in college when Johanna and I would be bored or just get paid and would race off to Target. However, recently I have become even more of an addict.

Every Monday and Thursday I set aside for working on my writing and things of that nature. There is this particular Starbucks that I like to go to that stays open pretty late. Even when they close at 11pm the Drive-thru is still open to take orders, meaning that I can continue to get my coffee on as I work in the car. However, I discovered some time ago that there is a pretty big Target just down the street. As such I have been stalling and shopping at Target.n This is how bad it's been:

Thursday I went to Target, bought several things for a project that I am working on this month, and some feminine things that I needed. Then I went to Target on Saturday to get a bag that I couldn't stop thinking about after Thursday. After that double trip I went to Target again today (Monday) and bought a book.

Being a Target addict has it's downsides. Especially when visiting the same store over and over. One thing is that I know I've been spending waaaaaaaay too much money. For now, I'll just say that I'm doing my part to aid in the flailing economy. The other bad thing is that there is this one guy who wanders around the store trying to find people to go to his show. This guy has taken to constantly coming up to me and asking me how I'm doing, how pretty I am and how he always sees me at Target.

Ehhhhhhhh.

I didn't want to talk to you the first time you approached me, what made you think that I would change my mind the next time you saw me?


So, here I am at Starbucks with my black coffee and cold water. I am still unfocused, but I think I'm going to push myself to work on my literary efforts.

After I do this blog =)

~~

No comments: