Friday, February 20, 2009

Out of Steam


Loco yard at night 2
Originally uploaded by Terry Wha
Work has been crazy these last several weeks.

After the latest round of layoffs things were hectic as assigned tasks were shifted and duties rearranged. However, there was a period of calm that hit for a bit that first week of February.

I should have known it was only the eye of the storm.

In the last 2 weeks (this week and last week) one of our biggest regions deadlined and pandamonium reigned. Especially once our clients realized that their dealine was right after a holiday (President's Day) and the art center would be closed.

As such I came in to work on Sunday for 4 hours to eleviate the pressures of Tuesday. Almost every single day I have stayed late for atleast an hour if not more (with the exception of Wednesday thanks to a dental visit) Even as I write this blog I am coming up on the 2 hour mark of overtime.

Actually, I'm ready to go home. Just waiting on one last client.

Don't know how much longer I can continue this way. I'm really trying, but I'm just running out of steam. It's getting hard for me to focus. I feel lethargic and I just don't have the energy to do anything else when I get home...but eat and that's not good.

Well, I better get back to work so I can leave.

~~

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have a mixture of emotions as I read this...mainly that they were stupid for laying off people in our department because this always happens.

Just please remember to breathe.