Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week One

This has been the first week of my new job as a legal assistant. It has been very interesting and not as stress-ridden as it would have been had I stayed at MM. However, it's always hard in the beginning to get the hang of a new atmosphere. There are things to learn, people to figure out which in and of itself can be pretty draining inspite of the light workload.

It's also been different in that this is the first time that I ever worked for the same company as my sister. The very first day I came in there were many exclamations of how we looked so much alike. I'm on day four and I have to admit that has already gotten super old. If I never have to hear that again it would be too soon.

I have started decorating my work space a little. Since it's my first week, my attorney has decided to take it slow with me so that I can get settled in and as such I've had time to do things like pick out a desk top on my computer, print out and arrange several pictures around my cubicle. It's actually pretty nice.

All in all I really like where I am at right now. I'm very blessed to be here and coming from my last job I'm very appreciative of certain little things that others take for granted. Like the stack of legal pads that I found on my desk =)

~~

1 comment:

Megan said...

Did you know we are STILL waiting on our legal pads from Carl? At least as of Tuesday...I am so glad I don't go back until Tuesday...