Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day Out

Today was my first work reduction day off. In order to aid the company during these rough economic times, every person (nonsalary) is required to take off one day with no pay. For me today was that day.

I am happy to say that I throughly took advantage of the day. After an impromptu run this morning (thanks to me forgetting about street sweeping) I got up for breakfast, and headed to the Santa Fe Springs Swapmeet. When we discovered it was closed, I suggested the Roadium. I had not been there in years.

At the Roadium we listened to various Michael Jackson songs, searched through stacks and stacks of vinyls, bought a bag of my favourite Mexican candy (verros fresa) and considered buying atari. This among other typical market thing.

I tried something called Tostilocos. It was ok. I thought it had calamari but it was pork rinds, which one wouldn't think it looked similar, but trust me......

Then as our shopping came to a close we found these cool bracelets. The picture above shows the bracelet I bought us.

After the Roadium it was time to stop by Guitar Center. I played the acoustic guitar of my dreams (Fender Telecaster) and tested out a few other instruments.

Then I had Yogurtland for the 2nd consecutive day.

So much in one day. It was incredible! Now it's time to wind down in preperation for tomorrow. Back to the grind.

~Posted From My Black Jack II

No comments: