Sunday, March 22, 2009

Under My Skin

I went to the evening service tonight at Calvary Chapel South Bay. A part of me wanted to go home as I had just gotten off work, but I knew I needed to go.

It had been a very stressful day. I went to work yesterday as well. At my job systems were failing and work was piling up. On Friday I had lost my badge so I was at the mercy of coworkers to get into the breakroom and such.

Things were moving right along until my 5th hour. Not eating had caught up to me and my anemia was kicking in. Not only was I hungry but I also felt weak. When I get to that point I usually have very little patience for people's garbage. It was at this time that a particular person decided to start sending me horrible text messages. I responded when I knew very well I should have just let her to be nasty.

My response resulted in a slew of more messages. I should have just ignored her, bt I was hungry, weak, angry that I felt obligated to work over the weekend and it was more than I felt I can take. So I fired back and the ensuing messages left me even more drained.

Rushed to church after work, longing for strength to get me through the week, patience to deal with others and overall spiritual uplifting. During the last part of the service, Pastor Steve spoke of Issac and the men who treated him badly then came back acting like "friends." Instead of turning them away, Issac offerred them dinner, and was blessed with working wells as a result.

The pastor ended the service by reminding us not to let others get under our skin. To rise above those who try to tear us down, and to be a blessing to everyone around us. The message resonated with me and I'm thankful that I went to church. It's not easy always trying to be the bigger person, but we must.

I just have to keep praying that I will not allow the negativity, bitterness and antagonization of others draw me into their mire of misery.

~Posted From My Black Jack II

No comments: