Saturday, March 31, 2007

Why did you wake me from my reverie?

Many people will be on spring break this week. However, I will be returning to school this week as my university had spring break last year. I had no parties on the beach, no drunken nights, or road trips with the girls.

Instead I had work and work and lots of time to think. It just seems like there are moments when your life is standing still, and while you are still you think about how slow life is moving. Once you shake yourself from you thoughts you realize that while focusing on how slow life is the world kept moving and now you're racing to catch up. All my life I was told go to school and get an education. Parents and teachers alike placed such value on that piece of paper, so I went. However, I was never told that once you get your degree you would have to figure out how you wanted to put it to use.

So as I have told many of my friends I have been searching for that manual. The one that tells you what to do with the rest of your life. I have also been looking for this list I created as a child. The one that has all the things that I wanted to be when I grew up, because as I sat there denouncing the trials of childhood I woke up to realize that I have grown up.

No comments: