Monday, September 6, 2010

LA Fair

Driving down the freeway headed home and I can't help but be reflective. It was 2008 and I had just started dating this guy. Actually, we had been together for almost 2 months and had agreed to be boyfriend/girlfriend less than a month earlier. The day before we had gone to The Whiskey to see Wild Child and a mishap kept us from Osc's birthday party. This particular day saw me at It's A Grind with Osc and Kate. We were chatting as they studied and I worked on some writing.

My boyfriend at the time wanted to see Jaguares at the LA County Fair but tickets were sold out and after the money we had spent at The Whiskey, we really could not afford more tickets. Then Celia (Osc's) sister had called him. Osc looked at me funny and was said...

"No, but I know who someone who would want them."

That's how I found myself racing to Pomona that night, down the same freeway I'm currently riding down. I remember I was dressed for church, and so I took off my sweater to dress down my outfit and switched into flip flips.

The show was pretty good. It was the first time I had seen this band in person and I will never forget hearing Te Lo Pido Por Favor with a ferris wheel in the background. Sure we didn't get the chance to enjoy the fair, but the spontaneity more than made up for the lack of time spent on rides.

Today, the both of us have gone to our 3rd LA County fair together. A great deal has changed since we first found ourselves headed back from the fair. Sure we got to spend more time on the fair, and there was no rushing to a show. However, that's all superficial changes. There are changes that are too private to even begin to describe on a blog. Situations have changed, jobs, friends. Even our relationship has changed. What started out as two friends dating, turned into something so special words fail to describe.

Will this result in marriage? God willing, yes. For now we're two individuals dedicated to each other, encouraging each other in endeavors that have been counted as wasteful dreams by those who do not have the strength to chase after their own dreams. Is life perfect? No. It can never be in this world, but why not ascribe to be more than what comes one's way?

Just a jog down memory lane, after the LA County Fair.

Oh, and Pixzel: Mahal Kita.

*muah*




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: